Join us in our quest for world domination, grow your skillset and become a member of our growing family.
We are in need of a developer comfortable with sysadmin
Transfluent develops and offers innovative digital translation services. We offer automated translation services to our customers to make the notoriously cumbersome translation process easier. Our platform also offers cutting-edge tools for translators to do their job more easily and with better quality.
We are a ten years old company, but are now building a new technical solution from the ground up. This will not inherit the technical debt of any old systems and will be the backend for all our future services. To support our future plans of world domination we are now looking for someone passionate about modern technologies, customer experience and quality code to come and join our development team.
You will focus on our brand new technology platform and do not have to worry about existing technical debt. By the time you will start we plan to be on the MVP phase with live customer cases, so you will need to grasp things quickly. We expect you to take ownership of the new infrastructure and act as a sysadmin, as well as develop new features independently and contribute to the overall development of the new platform. To do this, we expect you to have 2-4 years of experience from Node.js and AWS infrastructure as well as ability to learn new things quickly.
We expect and offer support for continuous skill development. Naturally, we offer flexible working hours, but in our case, it doesn't mean working around the clock. We work independently but support each other. We have offices in Helsinki, Tampere, Jyväskylä and Sunnyvale, California and would prefer you to work (once the corona situation allows) in either Helsinki or Jyväskylä, but your location can be negotiated.
- Reporting to Product Owner
- Cloud sysadmin duties to support AWS environment
- Maintenance of a brand new platform
- Independent development with Node.js & Typescript based on refined backlog
- Participation on roadmap planning
Wishlist for skills
- Node.js & Typescript
- AWS infrastructure and services
- Relational databases (e.g. MySQL or Postgresql)
- NoSQL (e.g. Redis or DynamoDB)
- DevOps (CI/CD)
- Use of REST & GraphQL API’s
- Cloud System Administration experience is a bonus
- Any experience from e-commerce platforms such as Shopify and WooCommerce or customer support platforms such as Zendesk is highly appreciated, but not required.
Ideally 2 — 4 years experience from SaaS product development, either from agency side or as part of an inhouse team